Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Hidden Treasures At Lau Lau Bay

I was back at one of my favorite places, Lau Lau Bay, for another meeting of the Lau Lau Bay Launching Project yesterday.
While waiting for everyone else to show up, a tree that had split in half caught my eye. As I went over to investigate the cause of the tree's demise, I first noticed that someone or some persons had burned the base of the tree tunk. I also noticed that the inside of the tree had rotted away. As I explored further, I discovered some of Lau Lau Bay's other hidden treasures -- this nice Tataga fish that someone had painstakenly carved into the tree...

... and this hook that was also carved into the tree. As much as I enjoyed the artwork, it's hard to appreciate it if carving them into the tree helped to kill the tree. I liken it to graffit -- the artwork can be breathtaking, but where it is applied may spoil the beauty.

3 comments:

Bev said...

Hey Cinta! Love your new blog look=)

CNMI Blogger said...

Hey, Bubbles!

Thanks!

Will I see you at the Beautify fundraiser dinner this Friday?

Unknown said...

I'm wondering who carved them. Was it long time ago or lately??...
It looks like someone took a long time to finish carving on the tree.
It's a little mystery...