Friday, May 18, 2007

My 2006 Fiscal Year Expense Report, 1/10/2006 - 9/30/2006

This is my 2006 Fiscal Year Expense Report. This report was prepared by my Chief of Staff, Daisie Camacho, and was approved by me.

I work hard to ensure that I meet the needs of my constituents. I was not aware that the Legislature was exempt from public scrutiny until this issue was brought to the public consciousness. I learned about it right around the same time as everyone else on this island. Transparency in government is essential in a healthy, functioning Democracy. Therefore, I will immediately begin work on legislation to repeal this law. If another legislator should introduce a similar bill, I pledge to cosponsor it.

5 comments:

Jeff said...

Cinta, after you took office, didn't you get the memo that says once you are elected, you are supposed to forget the real people, start lying, pander to business interests and enjoy the good life off the public dime while accomplishing very little. If you keep this up, you are going to raise the prestige of all elected officials and I'll have nothing to blog about.

Seriously, we need more people like you keeping it real. Thank you.

CNMI Blogger said...

You're a funny, guy, Jeff. Thank you.

Bon said...

Thanks for working for us, and not yourself. By the way, you just got tagged!

Walt said...

I see I'm a little late tagging you, but your fans, followers and constituents might want to know a few things about you...So you've been tagged for the "7 Random Things About Me" game.

Please go to my blog to read the rules.

I found this exercise much more challenging and insightful than it appeared at first.

KPG said...

so I can post my resume on here?