Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Congratulations To The Guam and CNMI Men's National Soccer Teams!!!

Congratulations, indeed, to the two teams -- to Guam for eventually prevailing in the match 4-3 and to the CNMI for hanging in there with Guam's younger and more experienced soccer players for 90 minutes of thrilling excitement for the crowd. Our CNMI team did so well considering the very short period of time they had to either really learn the game or learn the game for the first time. Congratulations also to Coach Ziggy and to the helpers and sponsors. Beautify CNMI! was out there in maroon shirts and yellow shirts to cheer on Angelo, Brad and our whole CNMI team. Well done, Boys! Here are a few pictures I took of the game.The CNMI!'s newest and most favorite coach!Go Brad!!! Ever seen this guy look this serious before?

7 comments:

Bev said...

nice pics cinta! happy to see you at the game=)

Anonymous said...

Great photos Cinta. Yeah, I've never seen Brad that serious before. The guys did the CNMI proud and held their own against Guam.

Unknown said...

It was exciting game. I hope they will have a good game in Guam. I will miss it, and I won't be able to cheer them.....
You took really nice pics. I took some but they are not so good, because security guy stopped me to close the field..

CNMI Blogger said...

Kimiko-san:

Thank you for stopping by. Yes, it was a very exciting game and we will all miss cheering for them in Guam.

Glad you liked the pictures. I would have taken better pictures, too, if I wasn't limited by my camera and the security guard. :(

Brad Ruszala said...

I was looking serious because I was trying to impress Cinta! Thanks for coming out and cheering us on. Are you up for a trip to Guam this weekend? I saw that there's a deal on Continental...

CNMI Blogger said...

Aahh, Brad, you tempt me so. Thanks for the invite, but Saturday, I've got to launch a new group of beautifyers and I'm told to expect 60-75 kids from Garapan Elementary School on Sunday for the Garapan Tourist District cleanup.

But I'll be with you all in spirit! In fact, the whole CNMI will be with you all in spirit!!

As to impressing me, here are the lyrics to two songs that might be familiar to you: "...You don't have to be a star, Baby, to be in my show...." (but, to me, you are a star already, nai, Island Boy!) and a Billy Joel classic "...I like you just the way you are..." Okay, you've won our hearts; now, go out there and win one for the Gipper, er, I mean the CNMI! RAH! RAH! RAH!

CNMI Blogger said...

Bev,

Great to see you at the game, too! Will I see you on the beautify trails this weekend?

Steve,

Thanks for the ever-encouraging messages. You're the "BESTEST!"