Sunday, June 3, 2007

My High School Graduation--Many Moons Ago

'Tis the graduation season. About this time every year, there is plen-T excitement and anticipation in the air. Parents, students, faculty, and school administrations are busy getting ready for that special day. All this got me a bit nostalgic about my own high school graduation from Evanston Township High School in Evanston, Illinois, on June 13, 1979. There were 1,000 of us who crossed that stage to receive our high school diplomas. Twelve years of school for that one piece of paper that marks the end of our high school years and the beginning of a new journey.

And talk about what a small world we live in. I made this discovery at the CRM Christmas Party last December. I was pleasantly surprised to learn that Dr. Peter Houk, who works for our Coastal Resources Management Office and who was a member of the CNMI's National Men's Soccer team, also graduated from the same high school I did and we even had some of the same teachers! Go ETHS Wildkits!

7 comments:

Volunteer Guy said...

They had cameras back then? Wow! This year marked my 11th High School Anniversary. Getting old...

CNMI Blogger said...

Eh? Get closer so I can hit you with my cane!

Anonymous said...

Cinta: That picture is awesome. Man, just thinking back to MY high school years. Thanks for sharing that photo. Must bring back some fond memories!

Bon said...

You look so happy! Would you go back to high school for a million bucks?

CNMI Blogger said...

Steve--
You're always ready with the kind words. Thank you.

Borego--
I believe I was just happy to graduate. I was very active as an MHS high schooler and, after getting used to the huge school, I settled down and made some friends. As to whether I would go back to high school, nah. I think once was enough.

Bev said...

i love your long hair=)

Lex said...

Ah highschool memories... how very few fond ones I have lol. Great pic!