Wednesday, June 6, 2007

An Invitation To A Gathering of "Dynamic People Making A Difference In The CNMI"

Washington Rep. Pete A. Tenorio ("Pete A"), Rep. Cinta Kaipat, and Dean Tenorio at the 2007 State of the Commonwealth Address held at the Multi-Purpose in April. Last week, I ran into Pete A at an official function at the Okinawan Memorial in Marpi (Saipan). After a short warm greeting, he congratulated me on my upcoming meeting with Mr. Kempthorne. Mr. Dirk Kempthorne is the Secretary of the Department of Interior who was appointed to this position by President George W. Bush last May 2006.

As I looked at Pete A in confusion, he graciously explained that there's a Beautify CNMI reception at the Hyatt with Secretary Kempthorne. I said I didn't know anything about it and he promised to send me a copy of the itinerary, which he did. Sure enough -- the itinerary says "Beautify CNMI reception at 6:15 p.m."

I later received an e-mail from Jeff Schorr, the Office of Insular Affairs Field Representative, who passed along an e-mail message to me through Charles Reyes, the Governor's Press Secretary. Here's an excerpt of Jeff's e-mail:

From: "Jeff Schorr"
To: "Charles Reyes"
CC:
Subject: Cinta
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2007 23:18:10 +1000


Charles,

Maybe Cinta is off island.... [I wasn't; I was tied up in many graduations and meetings that distracted me from remembering to charge my cell phone.]

---

Would you please let her know she is invited to the Wednesday
evening gathering at the (Chinese Restaurant) Hyatt private room
for the gathering of 'dynamic people making a difference in the CNMI'...?

[END QUOTE]

Well, Jeff, your wish is my command!

And, by the way, I hear a rumor that this is by invitation only, so I didn't want to send a mass e-mail invitation out to all the wonderful Beautifyers out there because I don't know who is really in charge of this function since Jeff Schorr is off on vacation (I heard) and I didn't really know who else to ask. So, for those of you who couldn't come with me, I promise to make the most of it and have you all live vicariously through me. :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

so what issues did you raise at this very important gathering? i would love to hear the details on the questions that you posed and the responses that were given. having him available for direct questioning doesn't occur often.

CNMI Blogger said...

To Concerned--

Thanks for your question and it's a good one. Hang on, ok? I promise to answer your question in my next blog post so that those who are similarly curious will also get the report at once.

Bree Reynolds said...

cinta dahling, are you coming to see the play i'm the stage manager for? our last two shows are fri and sat at 7 pm. at am. mem. park in the auditorium. see the mysterious lady in black whisk across the stage between scenes changing sets like a phantom ha ha. seriously, come see the play :) cast party at oceans afters on Sat. around 10ish

Unknown said...

of all the issues to bring up with the secretary of interior, they brought up volcanoes and stray dogs? please tell me someone asked about labor/immigration concerns, environmental issues, our economy, educational issues, our infrastructure woes or the DOI's perception of the CNMI. if not, i would honestly be disappointed.