Sunday, April 27, 2008

Thanks For Nothing!

I know, I know...I haven't been blogging much lately, so you're probably surprised I am posting this within hours of my last post, but DARN IT! I just read Ken Kramer's letter in the Variety on the lost opportunity with PEW and it's very upsetting! Click here to read Ken's excellent letter to the Editor.

I knew it wasn't good when I read that the Legislature passed a resolution voting against the Marianas Trench National Park of the Sea proposal. I just don't get it. Or should I say -- they just don't get it.

I, for one, still believe that we had not given this community a chance to fully explore this opportunity. The resolution was premature but effective in killing a wonderful opportunity for the CNMI. Lucky are those who welcome PEW with open arms. I'm sorry that I wasn't able to do enough to help PEW succeed. Most of all, I'm sorry for all of us.

No comments: